Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Madness

We had fun this weekend. We all got to spend time together, which did Layla a lot of good since she has been shuffled so much. The only thing that could have made it any better was having Harmonee home. Even though Layla and I were sick most of the weekend.

Each time I come home from the hospital Layla has learned something new! New words, new tricks, new games. She is learning so quick and growing so fast I can't wait until we can bring Harmonee home so we don't miss any of it! Layla can count to 10 and she is learning her manners. Her potty training is coming along fairly well with all of the interruptions and non consistent practice. Brandon teaches her so many different games while I am gone it is hard to keep up. I can't wait until she teaches those games to Harmonee!

We got news today that Brandon leaves to drill this week to prep for deployment, that he more then likely will be dragged to now. I feel so horrible for Brandon. He is heartbroken to know that he has missed out on Harmonee's first year with all of her hospital stays, but when he realizes that he will more then likely miss her second year as well is torture for him. He is such a good daddy. He has been there every step of the way through all of Harmonee's ups and downs, helped me, Layla and Harmonee stand. I would give anything to be a normal family, give Brandon a break from taking care of us and let me take care of him. But I guess we have already been through a parents worst nightmare, I am sure we can pull together and get through a deployment.

No comments:

Post a Comment