Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Baby Sis is HOME

Layla has been such a great help since Harmonee has gotten home. She has learned how to turn on an off her feeding pump, IV pump and let me know when they need to be changed. She is also very caring for a little sis. Each morning Harmonee will wake her up by cooing or "squaking". Layla will just wake up and yell across to her, "Good Morning Marnee!" then after a minute, usually while I am still giving Harmonee her meds, she will yell, "Ready! Play with Marne now?" She is so sweet. And just as I had hoped, though I really shouldn't have. Layla is playing like a normal little girl now, even starting the terrible twos a little late now that she has the chance to actually have terrible twos.

I took Layla to liver clinic with Harm and I. She kept asking me "Marnee going to stay?" I would tell her I was hoping not, so she was stomp her foot, fold her arms and demand, "Marnee NOT staying. Marnee go home and play. Nurses not keeping Marnee. Not today."

We took Layla to Brandon's unit BBQ on saturday and let her play in the water and on the play ground. All the attention was on Layla. Mainly because she made sure it was. She needed that day, and I was happy we could give it to her. She deserved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment